- Voicethread.com (Sign up for a free account — available through iPad/iPhone App and online)
- Wallwisher.com (connect this to your school Google Account)
- Project New Media Literacies: PLAYground
- Webcam for Student Video Recording (in iMovie, Phone/Mobile, or
Logins and logistics
NOTE: we are looking at a lot of technology tools today. At the end of class we will discuss going deeper into one of these tools, your comfort level and/or keeping multiple tools open for class use.
- get into links above (using File + New Tab; shortcut “command + shift” and click the link to open in a new tab)
- sign up for Voicethread account (free), download the app (if applicable)
- open the course website and get to this post
- talk through NYCDOE parent consent to photo/video
- Share your experiences from your classroom.
- How did you use the K-12 landscape map as a resource?
- Review of the mind map created during the last class: K-12 MediaLit Teachers Profiles, Hopes & Fears
- Support requests? Reading (amount) reactions?
Discussion based on Readings: How do YOU define Media Literacy in your classroom?
- Wallwisher discussion starter: What does “media literacy” mean in your 2013 classroom? (suggestion: if you are going to type a lot, “select all + copy” before you post your comments on the wall, OR type in the program Text Edit, then copy/paste into a wallwisher box)
- Discussion and note taking on the Wall
Introduction to Voicethread
- Look at some projects using Voicethread from the K-12 Landscape Mind Map
- Add a comment to an existing project
Assignments for Next Class (2.25.13)
- See Readings Page